Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate

Want to start mapping ? (program directory ,Setting up Editor and basic tool info)

this is a list of programs tools and files u need to map .
    these are the ones i all use i made this to send to someone so im going to post it here too

compile tools

ZHLT (There are seven programs included in this release. HLCSG, HLBSP, HLVIS and HLRAD together build and light your map and are generally all used every time you compile your map)(more info)

hlcsg.exe
    hlrad.exe
    hlbsp.exe
    hlvis.exe

Website Download

wally.jpg
    Wally (Half Life Texture Editor)

Download Wally

Game Data Files

CS 1.6
    cs16expert-hex805.fgd

(open in .txt format)

Day Of Defeat
    halflife-DOD3.fgd

(open in .txt format)

Team Fortress Classic
    tf15f.fgd

(open in .txt format)

FGD Pack Download a ton of Game Data Files
    FGDPack.7z

GCF Scape

GCFScape is an explorer like utility that enables users to browse Half-Life packages and extract their contents. GCFScape supports .bsp, .gcf, .ncf, .pak, .sga, .vpk, .wad and .xzp packages and runs independently of Steam.

• Supports .bsp, .gcf, .ncf, .pak, .sga, .vpk, .wad and .xzp packages.
    • Explorer like interface for viewing package contents.
    • Extract any file or folder within a package.
    • Shell execute (preview) any file within a package.
    • Validate any file or folder within a package.
    • Defragment .gcf files.
    • Search for files within a package.
    • Configurable columns.
    • Recent package menu.
    • 100% Free.
      Lgk-maps.wad

Download;lgk-maps.wad
    Included ;
    Lgk Logo;

Screen Shots (i hade some of your names made a long time ago so i added them see the names here)

Naming Textures Info Below

Textures; (see link above for Wally and u can use that to move images that u made to .wads)
    Textures On Game Banana

sounds; (must be a .wad file and 8 bit audio)
    Sounds On Game Banana

prefabs; (sections of map already made to save time)
    Prefabs On Game Banana

Tools (editing models , sprites or any other programs to help u make stuff)
    Tools On Game Banana

models (skins and items that can add a lot of detail to your map)
    Props;
    https://gamebanana.com/skins/cats/8921
    Other
    https://gamebanana.com/skins/cats/4739

Mapping Extras

Bsp to Map; (Map decompiler(dont expect to get usable maps to edit when i map in made it only saves the things u can see so when it trys to rebuild the map it gets a ton of errors and blocks everywhere so cant be used to steal (except like the original maps there will still be errors but if u put some time into it u can get them all fixed and start making it yours )

**This tool is so u can learn how other ppl made things its for learning purposes only **

Terrain Generator(makes hills clifs mounthins that look real kinda a bitch to use )

Help; every program on this list i use daily or have used so if u have any questions

you can also contact me on
    dronezke.com if u need anything)

or head back to gamebanana.com to see the massive list of tutorials
    HELP ME FIND A TUTORIAL

Basic Instructions to Set Up Jackhammer Editor

first open the program then click Tools/Options

the open game profiles..click configuration then add whatever u want this is just what u call this setup

then below your going to add the game data files add one of the above Game Data Files (FGD)
    i have 2 but this kinda causes problems i need to remove it

now we are going to click Directories

use the image above to fill these in
    Then we are off the the Textures tab

then click add files here add your lgk-maps.wad
    or add your cstrike.wad halflife.wad zhlt.wad decals.wad (all these are included in the lgk-maps wad u can have as many textures as u want but if u have more than 8 wads it will start freaking out sometimes idk ull see this shit can be finicky )

the textures u use will impact the size of the .bsp but wads are very small and with fast DL i really dont feel it matters but its considered to be sloppy to include shit ur not using but with over 3000 textures heres the size

ok now we are going to click Build Programs

Now Place your
    hlcsg.exe
    hlrad.exe
    hlbsp.exe
    hlvis.exe (Goes Under Light)

now apply and close the program and restart if u dont u will have to do this all over when the editor crashes witch it will save often and change the name often it gets annoying because u end up with so many files but trust me your going to want to save a lot and if u go to finish a map and there is 100000000 Errors ur going to wish u had old versions also your gong to want to test your map about once a hour that way u know u have a working map still and u dont get all the way to the end and u get a millon errors and have no idea where to start

this is what an error will look like this error means theres to many lights on a spot what light ? where ?
    on the left is the map the right img has all the lights selected now how the fuck am i going to find this light if i dont rember what i did since the last save sooo SAVE SAVE SAVE btw this is only the top down view

ok now im going to enplane the tools and what your looking at Here is what you should see (after some dumb ass pop up about crabs)lol
    so now your going to click new game and some shit about making a box is going to come up just close it or i think u have to actualy pick the sizeof a room for them to make u but mapping u should try and stay away from boxy rooms

BUt here is the
    Tools And Controls Instructions

go ahead and open a new map now this is what u will see

this is your toolbar its how u do everything sometimes it will be kinda hidden in the top right corner idk why just find it and move it so u can see it all i will go through all the tools in a min next let me explane the 4 box's ..first go ahead to the top left box labled camera click the text and make sure 3D Shaded Textured Polygons or 3D Textured Polygons is selected they are basically the same but one shows a little bit more detail ..

Screen Elements
    Camera Box (default top left) to move around in the box hover the mouse over it and use wasd and the arrows to move and you may select items with a click of the mouse ..in this box it is a preview of what your building this will be your window into the world you should be able to see models sprites and enity images like below but some computers dont like to iv ran into this problem and i just try a reinstall and diff settings untill i can get them to appear

below is the 4 options for the camera box

The other 3 box's make sure they are set up correctly u want to have 1 of each of the 3
    Top (x,y) , Side (x,z), Front(y,z). now we have all those lets look over our tools
    Pointer Selection tool (Shift+s)
    Zoom once selected on the xyz view right and left mouse click to zoom in or out (shift+g)
    Point Of View on the xyz view click and drag the red box to move Point of view ScreenShot (Shift+c)
    enity tool after clicking this on the camera box or xyz clicking anywhere will place a point enity ScreenShot1 ScreenShot2 (point enitys are used for like lights or sounds )(Shift+e)
    when u go over to the xyz view and right click on the enity go to Propertys to edit the type of enity ect (this part can get very confusing so take your time theres a lot to learn here) under the tools is a list of basic enitys that u will be using a lot
    block tool (Shift+b) (ctrl+t) this tool is used to make walls doors basic everything (but enitys ) but u can press (ctrl+t) to tie block to enity this will be used for doors windows ect
    Making a block

Apply Current Texture (Shift+t) places the selected texture on a selected object (See tool below for texture selection)
    apply decals (Shift+d) this is why we needed the decals.wad(Included in lgk-maps.wad) Preview Decals.wad first select the apply decal tool then click browse on the right side ScreenShot1 on top of the texture window u can view all by clicking the tab on the far left ScreenShot2 or you can select single .wad files ScreenShot3 now pick one from the decals.wad list or lgk-maps.wad then all u have to do is click on the spot in the camera box and it will be there in the game u cannot rotate these so if its faced the wrong way u must flip it in the texture selector or change the whole walls texture to fit what u need ScreenShot2 Note that the decal may show on the camera box with a background but it will not have it in game (Note 2 All decals will start with { so in the texture window there is a search feature but be advised all { textures are not decals it simply means that the texture is configured to have a transparent background) i will cover these textures a little later SCREENSHOT
    Clipping Tool (Shift+x) This is a tool to quickly remove large clean chunks of blocks to help build unique shapes ScreenShot1 ScreenShot2
    Select box with Pointer tool then open the clipping tool then click somewhere on the walls on the box in the xyz view then hold down and adjust to the way u want it (note I never use this its pointless if u ask me i use carve a lot (Carve will be coverd later on )
    Vertex Manipulation (Shift+v)This tool allows u to make some real odd shapes by picking a corner and moving it but using this tool is risky and should be tested before moving on because this object loves to make errors (Note there is a check for problems option but be warned that it dose not catch everything and the fix option should not be used it leaves fucked up blocks that are almost always glitched out so i just delete the problem block and rebuild it or change it (Problems ScreenShot1 ScreenShot2)
    Using Vertex Manipulation

• select block with then select ScreenShot1
    • pick the corner/s you want to move hold shift to pick more than one thing at a time then move ScreenShot2
    Path Tool (Shift+p) This tool is for for creating path's for various enitys Trains Npc's ect (iv made a train b4 and used it as a elevator but it was a pain in the ass i just use func_door that are just sliding doors but if u build it right u can use it as a much more reliable elevator just cant do as much i wont be covering this More info)

Enitys u will need to know ; im going to start with point enitys then more on tied omes

Spawns
    ct spawn = info_player_start
    t spawn = info_player_deathmatch
    vip spawn = info_vip_start

Weapons
    put gun on ground = armoury_entity
    Set Spawn Weapons = game_player_equip

Tie To Enity

This is when you want an enity to be attached to a block so we went over how to place a point enity

you can also contact me on
    dronezke.com
    if u need anything

Zoom
    once selected on the xyz view right and left mouse click to zoom in or out (shift+g)
    Last edited by DroneZke; 05-03-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    R-SRC.com

===========================================
    still under construction but here you can download mapping tools and files prop models or just learn about editing the game

over 400 props being sorted and uploaded

Keyboard Resource

DroneZke.com
    M
    Y MAPPING HOMEPAGE

2. Thanks Fireboy, GodFather, Zixler thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    R-SRC.com

still under construction but here you can download mapping tools and files prop models or just learn about editing the game

Keyboard Resource

DroneZke.com
    M
    Y MAPPING HOMEPAGE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    edit !!
    R-SRC.com

Keyboard Resource

DroneZke.com
    M
    Y MAPPING HOMEPAGE