Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  28
    SK Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate

Exclamation Immediate Changes Discussed w/Machoman + Any Suggestions

After speaking to @MachOMan, there will be some changes coming to the SK server.

- I suggested to Macho that we ultimately get rid of all of the needless plugins that we have. Basically starting from scratch aside from the obvious plugins that we need for amx.

That includes:
    • Getting rid of the whole points system with the name ranks (Experienced, Champion, etc) We're going to use the original rank system that is provided. /rank and /top15 will now show deaths and not just your kills.
    • Getting rid of the spawn camping plugin that we have. Although we are thankful for @magic for providing us that plugin when we kept asking, it needs to be removed as it isn't the most optimal for the server. It was good to test it out though so thanks, magic.
    • Getting rid of the spectator mode where you can see what keys that people are pressing while they're playing. Just useless and not needed.
    • ADDING: Macho wants to add some other plugin for the campers and will likely be testing all different sorts of plugins in the near future.
    • ADDING: A plugin to make it so that people can't die and reconnect mid round to play in the same round.
    • POSSIBLY ADDING: Kicking 250+ ping players.

By doing this, our hopes are that the server's registry will be a ton better.

- SK Staff! (Donators too!) If you have any other suggestions that you think should be discussed please bring it up on this thread. @IPA @Soccerdude @blue @Mettyuofficial @Slade @Waz
    - We're trying to make the SK server better. So please give thoughtful suggestions. Do not give a stupid suggestion such as, "Scoutzknivez is awful... we should have an AWP 24/7 server".

=]

2. Thanks Soccerdude, blue, IPA, VideX, bombe, oLdGamer, magic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Maybe we should add some maps like skym1, sk3, or sk winter. If you agree with it. Im a bit bored about crossing through on sk1 :/

SK Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mettyuofficial View Post
    Maybe we should add some maps like skym1, sk3, or sk winter. If you agree with it. Im a bit bored about crossing through on sk1 :/
    I believe the scoutzknivez server had previously done that (having different variations of scoutz maps). The issue (what it looks like from looking at old threads) seemed to be that the server would get empty once a different map other than scoutzknivez was being played. And i don't blame them, haha. Scoutzknivez is a very special map and we are the only server that gets traction. I personally think if we added more maps the same issues would arise and we'd eventually turn it back to scoutzknivez 24/7.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    And admin skins will be visible? Or not? I dont mind atleast i will have to challenge a whole team which focus on me fps will stay at the same rate? Sorry for lot of questions i just wanna know how flexible we will go with the server configs and plugins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    I agree we should stick to just sk. When we had other maps the good sk players would always try to extend it until you couldn't anymore, we'd end up on a map we don't like and everyone would start leaving. I also think it would be good to take off the useless plugins as well. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks dAVid thanked for this post
    SK Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    And admin skins will be visible? Or not? I dont mind atleast i will have to challenge a whole team which focus on me fps will stay at the same rate? Sorry for lot of questions i just wanna know how flexible we will go with the server configs and plugins.
    - While you were gone magic got rid of admin skins. It won't be coming back.
    - FPS Settings unfortunately cannot be touched. Something about boosting not allowing us to change settings for non steamers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    I think it is a really good idea to start from scratch, the registry definitely needs to be fixed or at least improved.

Some thoughts I had:

Spawn Camping: I think if we added a different plugin where it automatically kicks you if you are afk for more than one round or possibly just send you to spectator. When the map is full it is annoying to constantly kick or slay afk players.

Ranking system: The original ranking system is by far the best! also I don't think it should be reset as often as the current ranking system gets reset. Possibly reset it once a month?

Camping plugin: I like the plugin that starts doing damage to players after 20-30 seconds of them sitting in spawn. For SK we can make it after 15 seconds that if a player is not out of spawn it starts doing damage until they die. This would actually work better than the spawn camping plugin so Admins would not really need to even kick/slay the afk player because they would just die after 30 seconds. No warnings of camping would be needed by admins as well because the player will see that they are losing health and start moving.

let me know what you guys think?

10. Thanks dAVid, oLdGamer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Good stuff! I'm glad actions are being made. I like the whole idea on stripping down all the plugins and starting from scratch.

From what was mentioned in the OP, I think that's good enough for a start.

I'm looking forward to the improvements.

Thank you @MachOMan and @dAVid

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

12. Thanks dAVid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Oh one thing regarding spawn camping, I remember there being a plugin where after a certain amount of time, players are auto-slayed and prompted on screen about spawn camping/being afk.

Also could we have the option to put a player in spectate?

14. Thanks dAVid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    My plans are to get an afk checker system and tweak it a little bit where it will switch people to spectate, or turn spawn into a death zone after a certain amount of time. Say at 2:00, if you're not out of spawn, you auto die. However, you can reenter spawn once out for like 10 seconds.

What do you guys think about something like that?

16. Thanks Soccerdude thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by MachOMan View Post
    My plans are to get an afk checker system and tweak it a little bit where it will switch people to spectate, or turn spawn into a death zone after a certain amount of time. Say at 2:00, if you're not out of spawn, you auto die. However, you can reenter spawn once out for like 10 seconds.

Those are both great ideas I'm will to try both out

SK Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    That'd be a godsend plugin for sk. Let me know when you test out that plugin. I'd love to test it out with ya. @MachOMan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Donate
    my only complaint about SK is the map is too small to move around in so i cannot destroy the server with my supersonic speed

Staff in charge of murdering CT freekillers and Rdmers in real life Des's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    my only complaint about SK is the map is too small to move around in so i cannot destroy the server with my supersonic speed
    Thank god for that. Dont remove it @MachOMan

21. Thanks Shady thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by MachOMan View Post

@MachOMan I like the idea of the death zone. It will make things a lot easier especially when the map has a lot of people in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Hey guys!

Just updating on what has been done today.

I removed pretty much all plugins to see how that benefits the reg. Which according to multiple people, is a lot better now. A lot of these plugins were bulky and took a lot of resources.

Instead of the ranking system we had, while I liked the points and the newbie, experienced and things, caused problems with the /top15 that made the /top15 look like immortal players that had godmode 24/7

/top15 now shows deaths and ranks have been reset, so try hard to keep that top15!

Added a plugin that prevents people from reconnecting and reviving.
    @Soccerdude @blu3 @IPA @Mettyuofficial @dAVid

24. Thanks dAVid, blue, IPA, Soccerdude thanked for this post
    SK Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Great stuff @MachOMan You da man

26. Thanks MachOMan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    The server feels so much better. My shots connect with little to no delay.

Loving the standard rankings, I can now see my real accuracy again woohoo.

Like david said, You da man @MachOMan

28. Thanks MachOMan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    The server feels so much cleaner! thanks again @MachOMan

As far as the camping plugin goes, it would be interesting to try out the auto kill plugin so if the player is afk or camping for too long. It starts doing damage until they either leave spawn or die. Let me know if you decide to give that a shot, I would like to test it out with you

Also @MachOMan and I discussed the /rs function and both thought it was useless so he went ahead and removed it. Some of the players didn't seem to like that and would like it back. I feel that it was just a waste of space and the server could go without it. What are you guys thoughts?

@blu3 @IPA @Mettyuofficial @dAVid

SK Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Keep the /rs out. It's extremely noob. Deal with your score and teh reflection of your own skills lol.

31. Thanks Soccerdude thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Ya /rs is pretty useless, the noobs usually do it every round so they're 0 and 0 lol I can do without it

33. Thanks Soccerdude thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Yes on removing the rs feature, it serves no purpose other than slowing the server.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Did you play in Sniper arena server years back? They used to have all those maps, it was fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    idk i came back to cs in November when i showed up on Lgk SK, before that i was playing on World Sniper for a few before it closed. But i started play on the biggest Hungarian Sniper server there was awp and scout too. Tht was a good server.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but is there a possibility of limiting FPS to 100? I know in many SK servers and ones that hold SK scrimms and all, they hold the FPS limit to 100 and don't let it go over. Is there a way to do that? If not, it's all good. Just seems it would be much more fair for people who aren't capable of boosting their fps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    okay guys, new one. This no clip anti block system is buggy as hell. If u jump somewhere and a team mate jump at the same spot too it get bugged and pop u higher or drop u down, its always different. I would have a test for a new one or idk. its just really annoying when u are trying to reach roofs as soon as possible and this no clip ruins the whole thing.

SK Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but is there a possibility of limiting FPS to 100? I know in many SK servers and ones that hold SK scrimms and all, they hold the FPS limit to 100 and don't let it go over. Is there a way to do that? If not, it's all good. Just seems it would be much more fair for people who aren't capable of boosting their fps.
    Hi @Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by dAVid View Post
    - FPS Settings unfortunately cannot be touched. Something about boosting not allowing us to change settings for non steamers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    A few additions I got experience with, and currently helping Machoman with:

FPS - A plugin that slays you for having more than 100 fps is easy to implement. It recognises if you have more than 100 fps, using fps_override 1, developer 1, or fps_modem 1. If any of these conditions are met you will be slain and given a message to change whatever the plugin recognised as an illegal value. You will not be able to spawn before you got the correct setting ( fps_max 101 > ). Note: This is the only solution that doesn't include changing players client settings.

Spawn - It's possible to restrict spawn and make people inside automatically slain after x time, without slaying non-afk players and people who move in and out of spawn. Can also add a variable that recognises how long you have been out/in of spawn and slay people accordingly.

Maps - From experience no scoutknives server has ever survived by running any other map than solely scoutknives.

Gravity - It's possible to allow players choose their preferred gravity. When you connect to the server you can choose between 200 or 225 and it will be granted to players individually.

Ranking system - The HLstats ranking system is not an optimal ranking system as it is more or less just about grinding. I'll come back to that later with an update on a new system.

41. Thanks Soccerdude, oLdGamer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    I like to be able to use fps override in the server personally and I don't think the gravity should be a choice but I do think it should be lowered slightly. Just my .02

43. Thanks Soccerdude thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    @zaptor As far as spawn goes wouldn’t it be better to just send the AFK to spectate? I have been on some servers that just send you straight to Spectator if you are AFK for too long. If a player is AFK for several rounds and no Admins are around then it can cause teams to be stacked if the player is just slayed each round. Now for camping we could add something like you said where if they are in spawn for X time then its an automatic slay.
    Last edited by Soccerdude; 03-28-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    how about new maps like the rome one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    @TwistedFate We're not going to be adding any new maps. According to the admins, once a new map is picked, people leave. They always extend it until they cannot extend it anymore.
    @Soccerdude Can you log into steam? I need to talk to you.
    @Soccerdude @IPA @blue @dAVid

I was thinking about adding an AFK checker plugin. A legit good one. Make the AFK check timer 40 seconds instead of 60 so that way they get afk kicked a lot sooner. Thoughts?

47. Thanks Soccerdude, TwistedFate, dAVid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    @MachOMan I think adding the AFK checker plugin is a great idea. You could do 30 seconds for the AFK checker and also any plans of adding a spawn camping plugin soon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    An AFK checker sounds good to me, I would like if it would put people in spectate but kicking works too. Honestly I think we shouldn't add a lot of stuff now that everything seems smooth. I'm also not too sure about a spawn camping plugin because sometimes you end up going back in spawn maybe for a few seconds, I just don't want to get slayed or anything for going back in. If we can figure out something that works I'm definitely open to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Sounds like a good idea @MachOMan