Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate

Vouching [Information]

Greetings Legend Killers

Today we will be taking a in-depth looking into vouching people for an position as Trial Admin/Admin
    When giving your vouch to someone, you need to be professional about how you approach the person and their application.

Good Example(s):

Nico. I really like you. I think that one day you will be a good addition to the blue team. However, I do not feel you are ready yet. There are still times where you call the day improperly and are still not 100% comfortable with the rules. There are still many rules in which you ask questions about and are unsure of. It's good to ask questions and to make sure you know the rules, however, it's not good to see an admin unsure on how a rule functions. The last time I saw you calling a day, you were either counting down for things that you didn't have to count down for, such as freeze, or not counting down for things that you needed to count down for. If I had complete and total control over who got admin and who did not, I'm afraid I would not accept you. You haven't been with us for very long and you still have a lot to learn, as I'm sure other people have seen. Do you call fun days? Yes. Do you call those fun days properly? No. I've also seen you freak out on people who freekilled you and get pretty disrespectful towards them because of it. That is not a behavior that an admin should have. I think you need to be with us for longer. You're active and call more days, but if being active and calling days is all it took to be an admin, a majority of our server would be admin.
    Always remember to give your reason why you are vouching as your opinion counts.

Please take note, if you don't provide a reason for your vouch then we will not count it when deciding the final verdict for that applicant.

You should only be giving negative vouches if:

• If this person has been breaking rules
    • Doesn't meet the official requirements (unless he was told to apply)
    • The person is clearly beyond a doubt not fit for the role of an admin (always try to have evidence)

Notes:

-Do not list your opinion on the person with things like bullet points, stars etc. Form sentences instead and possibly a paragraph. We expect professional responses from admins when vouching.

-Do not under any circumstances give people vouches or no vouches if you are clearly NOT an admin on that server. Leave that to the people who administrate that server as they may see the person see things do things you might not.

-Don't give a rude response or punishment will follow, just simply state why they have received a #No Vouch

Now here are some bad examples of vouches that I have seen happen that really shouldn't be happening:

Bad example(s):

#Vouch

• Bought me CS 1.6
    • Is my brother from another mother
    • This is one example of one invalid reasoning for vouching but you get the idea.

#No Vouch

• I don't like you
    • you just got unbanned so why are you applying now?
    • The person is letting personal opinion get in the way of decision making
    • It is not that persons job to say that he can't apply now since he just got unbanned, it is the Server Managers call.

Please take this guide into consideration when giving vouches and we hope you make the right choices for who you want as an admin.
    Might edit this later on when I'm back home!

Regards,
    Management
    Last edited by Chev; 11-11-2017 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Fixed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vng81L6qlQ

2. Thanks 1x1x1x1, Dash, Deekz, luka thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate

RE: When Vouching

#Vouch for @Prox for admin, good player friendly, active on both servers and forums. Please accept this application.

10/10

4. Thanks 1x1x1x1, MMM thanked for this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate

RE: Vouching [Information]

Finally.

I guess this works for all servers.
    I`m sick of `friendly`, `active`.

What the f is that suppose to mean anyway?

Obviously these are good qualities but above everything, we need mature and experienced admins.
    Being an admin is not about power.
    You`re the face of the server and you should inspire others to be as good as you or better.

6. Thanks 1x1x1x1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate

RE: Vouching [Information]

I'm going to be blunt here with vouching, unless you are an admin on the server the applicant is seeking approval on, your vouch will not matter (bascially the Server Managers won't give a damn and won't count your vote).

Even if you are extremely active, there's no need for you to add a opinion as you aren't the one that will be working with them, just saying..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vng81L6qlQ

8. Thanks Amazingskill, 1x1x1x1 thanked for this post
    Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donate
    Hello, everyone. I'm going to bump this thread here.
    I've seen people vouching from all different teams and their vouches are not very good. There have been many vouches where I do not even look at half of the vouches because they are not very informative or useful.

Saying "#Vouch active and friendly" Is not a good vouch and I don't know about the server managers, but I ignore those type of vouches. Being an active and friendly player is a good trait to have in a regular, but does it give the staff or SMs complete knowledge on if this guy will be a good admin? We need people who will be good admins, so we need your opinion on whether these people will be admin material.
    And if you feel that your friend applying will not be fit as an admin, do not be afraid to no vouch them. The good example that is posted here was a vouch I made to a good friend of mine in LgK a long time ago. And as you can see, I no vouched him. Simply because I didn't feel he was ready to be an admin.
    Being active and friendly are things we REQUIRE an admin to be, but not things that determine whether these people will be ADMIN MATERIAL.

So please, admins, put more effort into your vouching. Being an admin here reflects on how our community is. If we have good admins, to the players, we have a good community. Approach the vouching with a lot more effort, the server managers and staff will appreciate it.

10. Thanks FinZ, Des, JackFrost, Fireboy, MMM, GRIMREAPER, Leo, Xx3oN, 1x1x1x1, SpooKy thanked for this post